Saturday, June 18, 2016

Revving our Engines

It's Father's Day Eve and we're chomping at the bit to hit the road for our adventure! I've been conceptualizing this trip for about two years, and as of tomorrow! We're living the dream.

Newfoundland! Here we come!

The kids and I did most of our packing yesterday so that we could enjoy the day at the pool with John for an early Father's Day.  Soooooo, he worked on the pool pump most of the day, while we watched him and told him what a good job he was doing. Then, he and I worked out at the Y while the kids continued floating. We enjoyed a relaxed day as a family. We won't see John again for a few weeks, when he flies up to meet us in Sydney, NS. We'll catch the ferry to Newfoundland from that port.

After our sunny day, we headed off to mass so we can get an E.A.R.L.Y. start tomorrow morning. (As an aside, It does feel strange going to mass on Saturday though. Ben was a little confused about it.) I feel good about starting our trip off with mass. All glory to God! He gave us our Land, our family, our health! I'm very thankful to be able to celebrate life with this trip.

For Father's Day Eve dinner, I made a World Premier Recipe with giant fresh Sea Scallops and summer veggies, served over pasta...yum! Lydia baked some chocolate chip cookies for the road, and we did the obligatory one hour clean up before checking the car top carrier for all 9 sleeping bags. I know mine is in there, along with my mat. That's all I need to know. (Oh! I can' t forget my pillow!!)

It's almost 11 pm now. So, this tester first blog post will be it. For now, it's just a normal night. But tomorrow...LOOK OUT MOOSE! Here we come! that goes for you whales, as well.

PS Im not sure how much I'll be posting, since I'm doing all of the driving. Tomorrow is a 12 hour day up to Niagara. I'm not sure I'll post. But!  Please comment and remind me of my wonderful life back home in sunny--humid--South Carolina!

No comments:

Post a Comment